SAVE THE DATE
Our next seminar will take place
Thursday & Friday, Sept. 13-14, 2018
Join our email list for updates.
OUR PREVIOUS SEMINAR:
Sept. 25-26, 2017
BREAKING INTO HOLLYWOOD
Face-to-Face Close-Encounter Meetings
Without the Crowds
Meet at least 10 Hollywood professionals in a close-encounter setting. Sherwood Oaks is the best place to get the inside scoop from actual top producers, writers, directors, agents, managers, and executives, in-person, where you can create lasting relationships, where real learning takes place. Every year we add new speakers to our programs as well as call upon our over 800 supportive industry professionals who have spoken at Sherwood Oaks already. This class will be limited to only 18 students so that the student-to-speaker ratio guarantees personal access.
ADD’L. INVITED SPEAKERS
Anne Marie Gillen, Mark Kratter, Michael Glassman, Paul Kaufman, Xaque Gruber, Hilliard Guess, a rep from DMG Entertainment, a TV producer, a new media producer, and more…
All guest speakers are working Hollywood professionals, not instructors, and are, of course, subject to their busy schedules. The class will take place in a historic Hollywood location within blocks of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. If you need a hotel, you may check out our list of local accommodations. We guarantee at least 10 speakers in 2 days; 16 speakers are invited. Imagine sitting at a round table directly across from a Hollywood producer or agent, then later giving him/her your material without representation. This access has frequently resulted in many students in getting an agent or having a screenplay optioned.
Who should attend? Entry-level and intermediate to advanced writers and filmmakers.
Who will you meet? Meet producers, writers, directors, agents, managers, or executives.
How many students? Up to 18 maximum.
Who is the founder? Gary Shusett.
How long in the biz? Since 1971, almost half a century.
How many speakers? You meet a new guest every hour giving you a vast amount of different avenues and paths into Hollywood.
What is the goal? For each student to learn and for speakers to find new talent in a safe, informal environment.
What type of school? We are a NON-PROFIT 501 (c) (3) school. We depend on donations and 100% of all funding goes to the school. Currently, we are funded by tuition and outside donations; the director does not take a salary so as to give back to the Hollywood community.
What do you learn?
- Insight into Hollywood
- What material sells
- What material Hollywood is looking for right now
- What the short cuts are to get your script seen
- How writers are chosen
- The traits that good writers possess (heard directly by Hollywood professionals)
- What causes executives to buy scripts
- Avenues on how a writer transitions to a director
- How writers are hired for assignments (many are hired through Sherwood Oaks)
- How to get your script to producers without an agent (no representation required) – check out our Sherwood Oaks One Sheet Method
- What is happening in the current market (find out what is hot)
- Inside secrets and strategies to help you succeed in your Hollywood career
- and much more…
For your benefit, the number of seats is strictly limited, so reserve your place early as classes always sell-out.
- Date: Sept 25-26, 2017 (Monday to Tuesday)
- Time: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (time may vary)
- Location: Hollywood, California (1/2 block from Hollywood Blvd.)
SINGLE REGISTRATION reg.
$450 now $395 limited time:
VIP SINGLE REGISTRATION $495:
VIP Option includes reserved seating across from a speaker and a 15-minute consultation.
DUAL REGISTRATION $695:
Invite your writing partner and save $205 off reg. rate.