For over 30 years, we have offered one to four day seminars where people learn and meet Hollywood professionals. We open our contact lists to you. No where else in the world is there an opportunity for this unprecedented access for such a small investment of both time and money.
Sherwood Oaks has started the careers of:
- James Cameron – Avatar
- Sylvester Stallone – who filmed Rocky while attending Sherwood Oaks
- Nancy Myers – It’s Complicated
- Matt Groenig – Simpsons
- Paul Haggis – Crash, Million Dollar Baby
and many more have progressed every year into show business. You can view a partial list under our Success Story tab.
See what our students are saying in our testimonials or find out more in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Go to the original “MeetHollywoodExecs.com” seminar school called Sherwood Oaks Film School, formerly known as Sherwood Oaks Experimental College
Working Hollywood Professional Seminars on:
- Agents and managers
- Hollywood Executives
- Companies of famous actors
- Pitching and more..
- see details and explanation below
What we do:
- Save you time, save money, meet the best players in Hollywood without the large crowds (check out Close Encounter Classes for only 20 students)
- We set up all the meetings, all you have to do is attend
- Provide 4 to 8 guests or separate meetings per day
- Provide the best ratio of Hollywood professional to student in the industry
- We create face-to-face relationships that are strong and built to last
Wanting to move forward in this business, a person needs access and insight — meet people who are active NOW in the industry and who can offer insight into what is happening NOW in terms of what’s being optioned/bought, what isn’t, who is making those decisions and what lessons they have learned in the near term that they can pass on to others entering this arena. These are where seminars/sessions run by Sherwood Oaks. We offer realistic insight into the industry by people who may become part of your network now or in the future. In a way this is a reality check for some, and open door for others — it’s not theory, it’s not 3rd party case study or experimental — it is up close and real.
Sherwood Oaks has the best ratio of student to guest per cost of any
Our method of creating a win-win relationship with working top Hollywood professionals creates success for everyone!
Under Resource tab, our Accommodations starting at only $60 per day for all expenses (food, shelter and transportation) plus the investment of the seminar starting at $99 per day to $199 for more individual attention.
Select a course to REGISTER or get more details:
- Discover Sherwood Oaks Treasures! Preservation of Hollywood Archives Depends on You
For over 40 years, Sherwood Oaks is how students succeed … We invest in what matters.
Sherwood Oaks is a non-profit school that works to see a win-win for both screenwriter/filmmaker and the Hollywood Professional.
Sherwood Oaks strives to bring the greatest quantity, quality and best student to speaker ratio for the investment of time and money for ...
Don’t forget to browse our UPCOMING classes, too:
- Agents & Managers May 19 – 20, 2016 Meet at least 10 agents and managers in a close encounter setting. Every class at least 1 out of 10 gets representation. Get one step closer toward representation .
MeetHollywoodExecs is the only place to get the inside scoop from the actual Top Hollywood Execs. Live in person is where you create lasting relationships and real learning ...
Please see a short description of the Hollywood speakers (agents, managers, producers, actors’ companies, directors) below.
What you can learn at our classes from working successful Hollywood Producers, Executives, Agents, Managers, Directors, Actors:
- How producers make decisions
- How producers, agents and managers chose writers
- The traits that good writers possess
- What causes producers to buy scripts
- Avenues on how a writer transitions to a director directly from the producers’ mouth
- How producers hire writers for assignments
- How to get your script to producers without an agent (no representation required)
- What is happening in the current market from working successful producers
- Find what is hot
- Get ideas on how to make your script more commercial
- What you need to know on how to succeed before writing or sending out your script
- Inside secrets and strategies to help you succeed in your Hollywood career
- and much more …
Check out Sherwood Oaks One Sheet Method under the Resources tab – get your script summary to a producer and get it made the Sherwood Oaks way!
Each class, a student gets call-backs, a script optioned or a writing assignment, let the next one be you!
Let Sherwood Oaks move you to the next level!
September 21 & 22 Producers, Writers, and Managers
April 11 & 12
Producers, Managers and more
May 19 & 20
Agents and Managers – Get Represented (this class sells out every year)
Only 4 classes a year! Plan ahead. We have run 7 classes independent of Gary Shusett and plan to keep his legacy alive of allowing students genuine access to Hollywood professionals.
Online or Remote Classes coming in the future!!
In every class, you will learn and meet different people and provide an unique and learning experience that you will not find anywhere else.
We want you to reach your full potential.